1-2-3 PEACH COBBLER
What could be better than peach cobbler straight from the oven?
Try this healthier version of the classic favorite.
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup peach nectar
¼ cup pineapple juice or peach
juice (if desired, use juice
reserved from canned
2 16-ounce cans of peaches,
packed in juice, drained, (or 1¾ pounds, fresh, sliced)
1 tablespoon tub margarine
1 cup dry pancake mix
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup sugar
2/3 cup fat-free evaporated
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon brown sugar
Nonstick cooking spray, as
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine cinnamon, vanilla, cornstarch, peach nectar, and juice in
saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture thickens
3. Add sliced peaches to mixture.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5. In another saucepan, melt margarine and set aside.
6. Lightly spray 8-inch-square glass dish with cooking spray. Pour
hot peach mixture into dish.
7. In another bowl, combine pancake mix, flour, sugar, and melted
margarine. Stir in milk. Quickly spoon this mixture over peach
8. Combine nutmeg and brown sugar. Sprinkle mixture on top of
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Cool and cut into eight squares.
Yield: Makes 8 servings, Serving Size: 1 square
Each Serving Provides:
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 0g
Total Fiber 2g