SPICY SOUTHERN BARBECUED CHICKEN
Let yourself fall under the spell of this Southern-style, sweet
5 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon ketchup
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon molasses
1 teaspoon Worcestershire
4 teaspoons white vinegar
¾ teaspoon cayenne pepper
â…› teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon onion powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
â…› teaspoon ginger, grated
1½ pounds chicken (breasts,
1. Combine all ingredients except chicken in saucepan.
2. Simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Wash chicken and pat dry. Place it on large platter and brush
with half the sauce mixture.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
5. Place chicken on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and broil
for 10 minutes on each side to seal in juices.
6. Remove from broiler and add remaining sauce to chicken. Cover
with aluminum foil and bake at 350° F for 30 minutes.
Yield: Makes 6 servings, Serving Size: ½ breast or 2 small
Each Serving Provides:
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 0g
Total Fiber 1g