In August of 1904, the Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth, by approval of
Bishop John J. O'Connor of Newark, took on the responsibility of planning
and organizing a new hospital in the City of Elizabeth. On May 30, 1905, it
opened its doors under the name of St. Elizabeth Hospital. Through the years
many renovations and relocations took place.
Today, Trinitas Regional Medical Center, established in January, 2000 following the
consolidation of St. Elizabeth Hospital and Elizabeth General Medical
Center, is a service healthcare facility serving those who live and work in
Eastern and Central Union County, as well as a Catholic teaching hospital.
Trinitas' Health Mission states, "As a Catholic healthcare organization
dedicated to God's healing mission, Trinitas is committed to improving the
health status of the people and communities we serve."
Click here for more information on the Sisters of
Charity of Saint Elizabeth.
Next to Medical Staff